This qualification will be managed by ABE from 23 May 2014 www.abeuk.com
ABP will cease trading from 23 May 2014 click here for more information
ABE Level 7 Diploma in Information Systems (QCF)
- Level: 7 (Equivalent to Postgraduate)
- Ofqual Number: 600/3338/1
- Type: QCF
- Guided Learning Hours: 156
- Credit Value: 65
Benefits of the Qualification
The primary benefits of achieving this qualification is that learners will be able to:
- Provide a global focus that is appropriate for current or aspiring senior managers/directors in organisations that are transnational in operation
- Be accepted for and perform, supervisory/junior management roles in the information systems industry
- Provide progression to, and credit against the standards of master degree programmes in higher education institutions
- Ofqual regulated qualification (a UK non-ministerial government department which secures the standards of qualifications delivered in England and Northern Ireland)
- Developed by experienced academics and professionals to reflect the latest occupational standards
- Confirmed current strategic thinking by external agencies
- A broad range of learning outcomes from being able to develop a database for a modern enterprise information system to understanding the components and principals involved in object oriented programming for enterprise systems
- Opportunities for centres to develop creative work opportunities and partnerships with local employers
This Ofqual regulated qualification gives the learner the knowledge to understand, plan and implement Enterprise Software Development and Enterprise Database Management Systems solutions within the context of the companies objectives, resources and the national and global legislation involved in computing and information systems development.
A Sample Assessment
Enterprise Software Development
- Understand the importance of design in object oriented programming in addressing enterprise software development problems
- Understand the components and principals involved in object oriented programming for enterprise systems
- Understand the role of object oriented programming in the systems development life cycle
- Be able to develop, document and test object oriented programs using appropriate programming techniques
Enterprise Database Management Systems
- Understand the application of databases in modern enterprise information systems
- Understand security issues in enterprise database management
- Understand the architecture of enterprise database systems
- Be able to develop a database for a modern enterprise information system
Professional Issues in IT
- Understand the impact of National and Global legislation involved in computing and information systems development
- Understand the societal implications of computing and information systems and their development
- Understand the importance of ethics in computing and information systems environments
- Understand the impact of national and global employment law and human resource management policies in computing environments
- Understand approaches to strategic change management for computing and information systems projects
ABP approved centres will receive additional support materials free of charge including;
- Detailed content of each unit
- Reading Lists
- Tutor support materials
The colleges are NOT bound to following these materials and are able to either develop or purchase further resources from independent suppliers
The style of assessment encouraged by ABP is internally set by the centre and externally quality assured. This may include analysis of case studies, undertaking research projects or extended essays and presentation of recommendations following a consultative investigation on an organisation. All Assessment Criteria must be achieved by the learner.
ABP requires centres to recruit learners that have the potential to achieve the rigorous standards required of the qualification. Furthermore centres must recruit with integrity and consistency to ensure fairness of access & ability to all learners.
This means that centres have to make a professional judgement about the ability of a potential learner to successfully complete the programme of study and achieve the qualification, based on prior academic learning and/or prior relevant work experience.
For example, achievement of a Bachelor (Hons) Degree, equivalent international degrees, UK level 5 or 6 vocational qualifications and/or several years managerial position within an organisation operating within the sector of this qualification, may be considered in the recruitment process for a level 7 qualification. Regarding a level 5 qualification, achievement of a UK level 4 vocational qualification or successful achievement of a first year Bachelor degree course and/or practitioner experience of the technical subject pursued by the qualification, may be considered within the recruitment process.
Help & Support
Please click here for the full list of ABP FAQs
Please click here for the full list of Centre FAQs
- Which courses are recognised by Ofqual?
- What is the difference between the Diploma and Extended Diploma Level 7 qualifications?
- How does my centre become accredited?
- On behalf of my centre who do I contact to become accredited?
- Does ABP have a set entry criteria (entry requirements) for its qualifications?
- What forms do I need to complete for accreditation?
- How long does centre accreditation take?
- How much do you charge for centre accreditation?
- What qualifications can my centre offer?
- What method can a centre use to teach one of our qualifications?
- What support do I receive from ABP once my centre has been approved?
Please click here for the full list of Student FAQs
- How do I study for a qualification with ABP?
- How long does a course last with ABP?
- Can you tell me what is the student registration fee?
- What is the difference between the Diploma and Extended Diploma Level 7 (postgraduate) qualifications?
- Do I register with ABP as a student?
- Can I study directly with ABP?
- What is the equivalency of the QCF Levels?
- Do you offer online or distance learning courses?
- How do I know I have been registered?