ABE Level 7 Diploma in Information Systems (QCF)
ABP administers ABE qualifications. These are regulated and are awarded by ABE which is a recognised awarding organisation.
- Level: 7 (Equivalent to Postgraduate)
- Ofqual Number: 600/3338/1
- Type: QCF
- Guided Learning Hours: 156
- Credit Value: 65
- Ofqual regulated qualification (A UK non-ministerial government department who secure the standards of qualifications delivered in England and Northern Ireland)
- Developed by experienced academics and professionals to reflect the latest occupational standards
- Confirmed current strategic thinking by external agencies
- A broad range of learning outcomes from being able to develop a database for a modern enterprise information system to understanding the components and principals involved in object oriented programming for enterprise systems
- Opportunities for centres to develop creative work opportunities and partnerships with local employers
The objective of this qualification is to enable learners to:
- Be accepted for and perform, supervisory/junior management roles in the information systems industry
- Provide a global focus that is appropriate for current or aspiring senior Managers/Directors in organisations that are transnational in operation
- Provide progression to, and credit against the standards of master degree programmes in higher education institutions
This Ofqual regulated qualification gives the learner the knowledge to understand, plan and implement Enterprise Software Development and Enterprise Database Management Systems solutions within the context of the companies objectives, resources and the National and Global legislation involved in computing and information systems development.
The ABE Level 7 Diploma in Information Systems includes;
ABP approved centres will receive additional support materials free of charge including;
- Detailed content of each unit
- Reading Lists
- Tutor support materials including sample assignment briefs complete with guidance for model answers (These are in development and not available at present).
The colleges are NOT bound to following these materials and are able to either develop or purchase further resources from independent suppliers
Assessment is encouraged throughout the programme utilising variable and creative assessment tools with minimal reliance on formal examinations.
ABP has confidence in centres to recruit learners that have the potential to achieve the standards required of the qualification. We expect all centres to recruit with integrity and consistency to ensure fairness of access & ability to all learners.
Centres should take appropriate steps to assess each applicant’s potential and make a professional judgement about their ability to successfully complete the programme of study and achieve the qualification. This assessment will need to take account of the support available to the learner within the centre during their programme of study.
Centres are required to recruit learners to ABP qualifications with integrity. This will include ensuring that applicants have appropriate information and advice about the qualifications and that the qualification will meet their needs.
Help & Support
Please click here for the full list of ABP FAQs
Please click here for the full list of Centre FAQs
- Which courses are recognised by Ofqual?
- What is the difference between the Diploma and Extended Diploma Level 7 Qualifications?
- How does my centre become accredited?
- On behalf of my Centre who do I contact to become accredited?
- Does ABP have a set entry criteria (entry requirements) for its qualifications?
- What forms do I need to complete for accreditation?
- How long does Centre accreditation take?
- How much do you charge for Centre accreditation?
- What qualifications can my Centre offer?
- What method can a Centre use to teach one of our qualifications?
- What support do I receive from ABP once my centre has been approved?
Please click here for the full list of Student FAQs
- How do I study for a qualification with ABP?
- How long does a course last with ABP?
- Can you tell me what is the student registration fee?
- What is the difference between the Diploma and Extended Diploma Level 7 (Postgraduate) Qualifications?
- Do I register with ABP as a student?
- Can I study directly with ABP?
- What is the equivalency of the QCF Levels?
- Do you offer online or distance learning courses?
- How do I know I have been registered?